Food Directorate is mandated to;
- Registration of growers , grower associations and dealers in food crops or food crop products
- Licensing of Processors,
- Licensing of warehouses and warehouse operators
- Licensing imports and exports
- Quality assurance of food and food crops produce through:
- Development of food safety standards in collaboration with other Government agencies.
- Capacity building of county Governments and food crops stakeholders.
- Development of a food crops produce and products traceability system
- Development and promotion of best practices across the food crops value chains