The Directorate’s Corporate Services are: -
Office of Head of Directorate
Oversees the execution of the Directorate’s functions and management of resources as well as the establishment and monitoring the implementation of strategic plans in order to achieve the Directorates regulatory mandate.
- Advice on policy development of the scheduled food crops.
- Liaison with Food Crops industry stakeholders to support sustainable development, regulation and promotion of Food Crops sub-sector.
- Ensure all Directorate’s functions are aligned with the AFA strategic plan and policy.
- Oversee day to day business of the Directorate while ensuring prudent utilization of resources for efficient service delivery.
- Resource mobilization for the achievement of the Directorates mandate.
Human Resource Development and Administration
The office is responsible for administration and staff matters at the Directorate level.
- Manage manpower planning, employee welfare, training, employee relations, separation and performance management
- Implementing AFA and public sector human resource policies.
- Integrate national and international human resource frameworks including cross-cutting programs (National Cohesion, Disability Mainstreaming, Road Safety, Gender Mainstreaming and HIV prevention and awareness, Alcohol and drug abuse(ADA));
- Coordinating internships, industrial attachments and apprenticeships within the Directorate
- Implement AFA finance policies, procedure manuals
- Preparation of management and financial reports based on International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
- Ensure compliance with set budgetary levels and adherence to approved budget.
- Processing of payments.
This section works in consultation with the Manager – Supply Chain Management and the Director, Food Directorate to ensure adherence to the Public Procurement and Disposal Act 2015.
- Development of the Directorate annual procurement plan;
- Procurement of goods and services;
- Stock and Inventory management; and
- Asset disposal.